Guide On How To Incorporate Superfoods Into Your Diet
Do you want to know how to incorporate superfoods into your diet but don’t know how to do it quickly? Are you someone who loves chips and ice cream and never let anything green pass your lips? Are burgers your staple? Don’t worry, and it’s not just you.
Many of us like that never developed a taste for healthier foods such as salmon, broccoli, or yogurt. Yes, old habits die hard, but it’s not impossible to break.
At KTBM, Health, we specialize in providing high-quality health and well-being products at affordable rates, and one of our best-selling products is green superfood powders that can be what you need to ensure you have a healthy diet filled with all the nutrients you need.
Due to our line of work, we know and understand digestive superfoods that can help you out and created a simple guide for you to find out what you need. So without further delay, let’s check it out!
What Is A Superfood?
If you talk to any nutrition expert, they list the ten best digestive superfoods for weight gain and healthy living. These lists can include berries, tomatoes, nuts, salmon, whole grains, low-fat dairy, eggs to dark leafy greens, beans, legumes, and sweet potatoes.
Some will even argue the merits of foods like green tea, carrots, chocolate, alcohol (in limited quantities), olive oil, soy products, oranges, pumpkin, and turkey. Now, there are plenty of different options out there, but here are some digestive superfoods that you can check out for yourself:
- RegularTea & Herbal Tea
Regardless of whatever you have in your kitchen, make sure you incorporate plenty of fruits, vegetables, dairy, nuts, beans, and omega 3- fatty acid-rich foods into your diet, and that’s according to the US Government’s 2005 dietary guidelines.
Now, the big challenge is ensuring you are ingesting more of these super-nutritious foods into your daily diet, especially if you don’t like them. So, first, we recommend you evaluate your overall diet and find more of these super-nutritious foods in your daily diet.
For example, if you like tuna noodle casserole, crab cakes, or fish patties, you can easily change the seafood by substituting it for salmon, which is a superfood.
Also, tofu is a versatile superfood that you can easily incorporate into your diet. You can do a lot with tofu, like crumble it on chili, slice it thin in lasagna, or puree it and use it to replace half the cream cheese in recipes. Tofu will add nutrition to your food without changing the taste at all.
Getting Over Food Biases
Now, often we tend to harbor a preconceived notion about foods that can make us turn our noses to it even before we had a chance to taste them.
However, you should remember that our taste buds evolve and some food just gets a bad reputation. For example, maybe when you were young, you were force-fed mushy broccoli, and since that day, you’ve never touched it.
So to incorporate broccoli into your diet, you can think about its visual representation. There are plenty of ways you can get over your food biases, like shredding, pureeing, dicing, and doing whatever you can to mask the food.
Making One Change At A Time
Making a massive change to your diet is a daunting task for anyone, and there’s no need for you to gobble up superfoods all the time. Instead, you can start by making minor dietary tweaks, one at a time, until they become healthy habits.
Pick any number of things to do that you are comfortable with and keep doing them until it becomes a habit. Keep in mind that its routines and habits integrate good health into your lifestyle to ensure your health and wellness.
Something as simple as choosing whole grain over a refined grain is a step in the right direction, and once you start seeing the effects of your small change, you’ll feel encouraged to make another and another.
Now, it’s really nothing out of the ordinary to not like a particular food at the start, but you should keep trying if that happens because it can take some time before new foods get added to your favorite list. Research shows that children can take as much as eight or nine times before an eating preference is established.
Tips On Incorporating Superfoods Into Your Diet
Incorporating superfoods into your diet isn’t easy work, especially if you are particular about your food. So here are some simple tips on how to incorporate digestive superfoods into your diet:
- Blending superfoods is one way to incorporate superfoods into your diet easily. Smoothies are perfect for this. Just mix fruit and yogurt into a cold, tasty snack or breakfast.
- Using superfoods as a topping is another fantastic way to use them. Superfoods like tomatoes, dark leafy greens, and nuts add flavor to sandwiches and salads
- You can easily change the texture by pureeing it. You can make a wonderful sauce for fish or chicken with roasted vegetables. You can even puree cauliflower or potato to give thickness and depth to your soups, stews, and casseroles.
- Stirring it in is another way you can incorporate superfoods into your diet. You can hide them in soups, stews, meatloaf, omelets, quiches, spaghetti sauce, and chili by shredding, pureeing, and slicing them in.
- Use them as substitutes. You can substitute yogurt instead of oil when baking and use spaghetti squash instead of pasta, and many more.
- Pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, walnut, and berries make excellent bread and muffins. So baking them is a perfect way to incorporate them into your diet.
- You can roast it, grill it and even broil it into your diet. These foods take on a whole new flavor profile when caramelized. Try using oven-dried grape tomatoes to enliven any dish, from bruschetta to pasta.
- Make it into a dip. Fruits and vegetables make lovely dips, and everyone loves to dip.
- Eating them raw. Everyone loves to nibble on rape tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, jicama, and celery while waiting for dinner or as snacks.
- Buy prepared vegetables to make it easier to incorporate them into your meals. You can even drink vegetable juice instead of eating a tomato.
- You can shred or dice it up and disguise it in dips, salads, or salsas.
- You can liven up your superfoods by adding herbs, spices, vinegar, mustard, and capers.
- You can integrate them with your favorite flavors. So if you like Asian cuisine, cook your vegetables or seafood with a teriyaki glaze to give them the taste you love.
- You should subscribe to a healthy cooking magazine or invest in a healthy cookbook and experiment with recipes. That way, you will be interested in trying out different things.
- Do it like your favorite chef. Please find out how your famous chef prepares it and try out their recipes. It’s bound to be tasty.
Supplement Your Diet With Green Superfood Powders
So that concludes our simple guide on how to incorporate digestive superfoods into your diet. As you can see, there are plenty of different ways you can do it, and it’s all pretty straightforward.
However, if you still don’t like the taste or want to go to great lengths to prepare the superfoods the way you like, investing in some good quality green superfood powder is the best alternative. That’s where we at KTBM can help you out. We have a curated list of the best superfood supplements in the market at highly affordable prices to ensure you get all the nutrition for a fraction of the cost. So contact us, and we will help you out.
Also, if you have any questions regarding any health products or superfoods, drop them in the comments below or hit us up on our socials, and we will answer them all for you. And with that being said, that’s about all we have for you today. We will come back with something new for you soon. Until then, see ya!